Sunday, February 28, 2010

1st Coachee call

I have to say that I got a lot out of my coaching call. My coach was very inquisitive and asked many good questions that required me to dig deeper. As I am a very analytical person, I find turning my eye inward to be somewhat easy, although it was somewhat different talking with someone whom you never meet before. Our conversation flowed well though. I actually ended up taking some tips on how to be a better coach.
I found I was able to really look at my thoughts on my formal versus informal learning experiences and how each played a role in my life. The call made me think about why I have always enjoyed informal versus formal learning experiences, as well as how I use this with the children I teach. My coach asked this question, which I thought was cool. I will be thinking about this into next week when I work with my students. Since have trouble with learning through formal means, as well as informal, I will try and attempt ways to incorporate both into the day. I have always don’t this, but will be more aware of it now.
I am looking forward to our next talk. As I said, I took my good tips on how to be a coach. My coach, Rachel, was very organized, and structured the talk well. She also developed questions that required me to further my thoughts on what I was saying. I came off the phone like I just had a light therapy session, it was cool and I didn’t have to pay some shrink. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment